Saturday, February 12, it’s time for Jubileumsvasan, a race in tribute to the pioneers who started and completed the first Vasaloppet in 1922.
Jubileumsvasan – Facts
- Date: Saturday, February 12, 2022
- Distance: 90 kilometers
- Start: 7:04 CET at a small field below Vasastenen
- Finish: At the Gustav Vasa statue in Mora
- Checkpoints: Mångsbodarna, Evertsberg and Oxberg
- Type: Individual ski competition (a winner will be crowned, but the whole race is more of a celebration than a competition)
- Timekeeping: Passing times at the three checkpoints and at the finish are clocked manually and are reported on vasaloppet.se and in the Vasaloppet app.
- Equipment: The equipment must be contemporary as in 1922.
- Style: Classic technique as of 1922 (freestyle)
- Prizes: The winner will be crowned with a victory garland. There will be medals for all.
- Awards ceremony: Around 19:00 CET in the finish area in Mora.
- Number of participants: 139, as many as were registered for the first Vasaloppet in 1922