Who we are
Welcome to W Sportmedia platforms proxcskiing.com, langrenn.com, langd.se and maastohiihto.com, the international news sites for cross-country skiing.
W Sportsmedia AB
VAT no: SE556961278001
By using this website or otherwise consenting to the data processing terms identified herein, you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. If we make any material changes to the policy, those changes will be posted here so that you are always aware of what personal information is collected, how that information is used and under what circumstances that information may be disclosed. You agree that personal information relating to you may be anonymized and the anonymized data may be used by W Sportsmedia AB and its partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- Visit our branded social media pages;
- Express an interest in obtaining more information about our services;
- Create user accounts at our platforms mentioned above and subscribe to our digital offers;
- Accept receiving communication from us, including emails, newsletters, feedback forms and surveys.
Information we collect
The personal information that we collect directly from you includes the following:
If you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as personal information.
- Log files; We use log files that may include your IP address or proxy server, device and application numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage.
- Opt-in fields; You may opt-in to our newsletter contact list by registering your email address and confirming you subscription. Your email will then be saved and used to provide you with our newsletter until you opt-out.
- Requests; If you express an interest in obtaining additional information, request customer support, use our “Contact Us” or similar features, register to use our website and associated platforms, or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, team, club, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
- Purchases; If you purchase subscriptions or other services via our platforms, we may require that you provide to us your financial and billing information, such as billing name and address and credit card information.
Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our websites with your social media profile.
When you interact with us in social media, such as when you follow our accounts or share our accounts content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings.
When you have opted-in to our newsletter we will provide you with the latest news from W Sportsmedia AB and our partners. You may also receive feedback forms, contest invitations and surveys. The information you may share with us through these requests will be used for statistical purposes and/or to contact you if you are the winner of the contest.
How we use the information we collect
- Providing our website: We process your personal information to operate and administer our websites and to provide you with content you request and that we sincerely consider interesting/useful for you;
- Developing and improving our website: We process your personal information to analyse trends and to track your usage of our websites and interactions with our emails to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our websites and providing our users with more relevant and interesting content;
- Managing user registrations: If you have registered for an account with us, we process your personal information by managing your user account for the purpose of delivering the service you have requested;
- Managing payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we process your personal information to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction and deliver the service you have requested;
- Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Me” web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we process your personal information to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing contests or promotions: If you register for a contest or promotion, we process your personal information to deliver the service you have requested. Some contests or promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will process your personal information;
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We process your personal information to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our websites or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent;
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your personal information to send you information about Proxcskiing.com and our partners, marketing information, and offers in our newsletters upon your request;
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
- The information we may receive when you interact with us in social media is dependent upon your accounts’ privacy at that specific social media platform. Please review your privacy settings to confirm what information you are sharing with us.
We also use web beacons on our websites and in email communications. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Such technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications. In newsletters we may include feedback forms, surveys, and contests. If you provide us with information upon these requests, we use your information for statistical purposes, to evaluate and improve our services and to select winners in contests.
How you can limit our use of this information
- You may opt-out from the collection of device and usage data by managing your cookies at the individual browser level, but choosing to disable cookies may limit your use of certain features or functions on our websites and services.
- You may opt-out from receiving our newsletters either by clicking on the unsubscribe-link directly in the email or by managing the settings in your user account.
- You may change what information you are sharing with us on social media settings, please review you account’s privacy settings.
- When you are logged in with your user account, you may delete your account. This will delete all personal information we have on you associated with that user account.
- Further personal information will be removed upon request from you.